View Single Post
Old 15-01-2008, 07:39   #11
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: OSC statement for members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
None of these problems are anybodies fault, none of them are easily rectifiable. As a club we took the best place available to us 40 years ago and it still suits us now. But it does not lend itself naturally to things such as this. In years or months to come we may have better lighting outside for the cold and dark months, we may have puddle/mud free car parks, but either way we will still endeavour to satisfy the needs of everybody and still act in the best interests of Accrington Stanley.
thanks for the reply and interest Neil. It's all well and good picking out chunks of a post but if you re-read in context such as the above quote you can see where I have said that there is no fault and we are a victim of our own success to a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you actually read your own posts?
In my opinion the last quote above is certainly true about what this thread has done.
I must ask, was it your intention to make the club look so bad and uninviting to others?
I always thought you were trying to promote the club, not slaughter it in this very public way.
of course it wasn't my intention to make it look so bad. But if you think that is bad then think about what could be posted ..... Most of the regular fans know stories that could never possibly see print (not unique to our club by any means). I have not stated anything that has not been stated on here many many times, particularly in the 'why people don't go' type threads. All I have done is highlight why, for that particularly meeting/meetings we didn't want to use the clubhouse. I chose to bring the argument on to Accyweb to respond to a growing criticism from the whispering brigade and that began with concerns from the big man himself. It could have been sorted out with a phone call, it wasn't. I brought it up again as Hazel has received phone calls from people saying that we are haing a go. She was very upset about this as she does work hard and felt that she wasn't being treated fairly - this wasn't the case.

I don't want to knock anybody but if people want to make stuff up just to create more divides then I will defend myself first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Should that not have been sorted out at the meeting then?
yes it was. Hazel was upset to begin with but when the post was explained to her in more depth with its reasoning and cotext she was satisfied that nobody had slated her. I will print the post off and show it to her later today just to reinforce that. What wasn't sorted was that the person who had been feeding her these stories is still at liberty to do it with somebody else.