View Single Post
Old 18-01-2008, 12:00   #84
BLACKBURN RAVER
Senior Member+

Re: M&S Muslim Refuses To Serve 'Unclean' Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The Bible means a lot to me. However, I don't physically treat it the same way a devout Muslim would treat the Koran. Mine is rather tatty with worn crumpled pages. It has colour coded highlights in pencil crayon on numerous pages with hand written notes in the margins. It tends to get plonked down anywhere in the house and sometimes I spend ages wondering where the heck I last put it. It's the written content which matters to me not the actual printed and bound volume itself.

Having said that though, I appreciate when someone else from another faith treats what is my 'holy book' with the same respect and reverence they would treat their own 'holy book' and I can understand where they are coming from in doing this - showing respect for me and my faith. For this girl to have it thrown back at her and be accused of the exact opposite of what she was doing just shows the ignorance of her accusers.

M&S actually apologised to the shopper for any distress caused before they had even investigated the incident. I personally believe it's a case of the newspapers hearing one side of a story, not checking it out fully but printing a sensational headline anyway because. as this thread shows. people just love an excuse to complain about Muslims. I find that very sad.

IT WASNT A BIBLE FFS...sorry had to shout as you dont seem to be getting this fact...it was a book of bible stories !!!! jeeeeeees...
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote