View Single Post
Old 22-01-2008, 22:45   #34
claytonender

Re: Post Office Closures

Just as a matter of interest, can you tell me how many free cash dispensers, there are in Clayton. I know the Co-op one is free, but don't know about the others.

In Huncoat, as far as I know the nearest free cash machine is at the Griffin Garage, which is a hike if you live in the village.

It is not just for drawing pensions that people need a local post office, it is where many people pay their household bills.

Also with the lots of older, they worry about forgetting their PIN number, and most would panic, if the cash dispenser would not return their card, especailly if they did not receive any money.

In the last 18 months I have had both one of my credit card and a debit card used fraudulently (in both cases the cards never left my possession). In fact over a £1000.00 was spent fraudulently on my credit card. I now acoid drawing any cash out of cash machines. If I have to do so, I use a cashcard for an account that never has more than £50.00 in, and has no overdraft facility at all (as it is on a savings account). If this is used fraudently the most amyone could get is £50.00.

I would hate to think an older person would have to deal with the loss of money because of fraud on the use of their debit card.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote