View Single Post
Old 28-01-2008, 21:46   #41
Lilly
God Member

Re: Suspended for drinking... shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

I also don't think the parallels you draw hold water (or anything stronger!). To go from saying one offensive word on TV to another would appear to be quite easy...you are just doing the same thing again and again. However, to say that allowing a can of shandy into school one day would make it more difficult to stop someone bringing in a can of Kronenbourg the next day is not the case. There is a huge difference between the two - one product is a licensed drink, the other is a soft drink...seems blindingly obvious to me!
I think the parallels Gayle drew are good. A child wouldn't be allowed to carry a light knife or smoke a light cigarette in school so why would they be allowed to drink a light shandy?

Rules are there for a reason and once you start relaxing them in a school setting it causes no end of bother and there is anarchy. It is pointless having rules in school if they are not going to be rigidly stuck to.

Can anyone tell me why some parents send their child to a particular school and then try to flout the school rules?

If you don't agree with the school rules, no problem. We don't all have the same opinion in life but this is the way things are done at this school.
If that doesn't suit you then go elsewhere.