View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 21:14   #34
keetah992000
I am Banned

Re: Pure altruism does it exist?

i cant answer for you - do you think it is - your opinion will be different than mine - my opinion - i would say no

i am not saying that we do these things to get thanks and we dont want anything back either, but i think there is a basic instinct - a very small part of our survival mechanism that makes us respond the way we do.
I suppose on some level it is unexplainable, i suppose more to think of why we wouldnt dream of not going to a funeral with a friend especially if that friend, too, is ill. the thought of not going would be unbearable. I am not saying that we go to ease guilt. But to be honest i dont think that going to a funeral would really come under the heading of altruism. I would say that it is more to do with compassion.

A lot of your posts are negative or seem to be, and you seem to argue points just for the sake of it, i dont know you and yet i find i have a soft spot for you, ( in a non creepy kind of way lol ) i find myself wondering if you really are a caring person who just lets off steam on here, so is that altruism?

But like i say Blazey your opinion will be different than mine, because our life experiences will have been so different - thus i was looking forward to a debate - wondering if someone could expand my thinking on the subject - i enjoy a good debate but i think perhaps on a screen is not the place to do it because things can come across as being negative - even when they are not x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote