Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 23:21   #37
booth76

Re: Howdy!

Howdy folks. Blackburn247.com will be back at some point. I'll explain in more detail what's happened as I get a few emails a day from different people...

1) Domain needs to be renewed. Not that the registrars bothered to prompt me but I saw it coming so acted accordingly.
2) I contact the registrars, they don't reply. This happens quite a few times. I'm very busy so can do little about it but email once per day.
3) The domain eventually expires. They take the site offline. I get in touch with them and ask them to renew it. They say I need to add new card details (which I know, but up till now they haven't responded!) and that's the problem. They give me an 'all new' web page to do this at that makes payment 'even easier' so they tell me.
4) I add new card details. Then click pay. Their site says that it can't be paid for, because my details aren't yet on their new server (even though I just put them in). Click a button to do so. So I click it and end up back on their home page. It didn't work. I do this twice, failing twice.
5) I contact them and ask them to renew manually, now that their system has my new card details.
6) I get a reply saying "yes we have your details, but you haven't provided a security question." It needs to be filled into their new system, I've never had to do this before.
7) I log back into their system, which is broken, but I go through the process just to humor them and get the damn website back online. I add a security question and answer.
8) I contact them to say can you please NOW renew the frickin domain? (without the caps and the 'frickin')
9) I get an email asking me what the security answer is.
10) I tell them the security answer.
11) I hear nothing for 5 days, tomorrow will be the 6th day. In that time I've sent five emails.

What a set of, pardon my language, cocks.

Ipowerweb.com are really good I can't recommend them enough as a set of class act domain registrars