Thread: £2 chickens
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 20:35   #135
blazey
God Member

Re: £2 chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I days of old when men were bold what was the remedy to build up a person after an illness?

Chicken broth!
I'm not a big fan of chicken soup, never have been.

I would also like to raise my own food but the plucking bit is a bit too tiresome in my opinion and I have no idea how to skin rabbits or anything like that.

What I mean by CHEAP good food is food that costs less due to the savings on packaging, advertising and all that. Its still more expensive than asda smart price but you can ask where its been without being misleading by packaging.

For example, I went to asda this evening and saw a pack of eggs from CAGED hens with fields of wheat on the packaging. The wheat symbolised the wheat pellets they'd been fed on, not where the hens had been raised. I think its wrong to show golden fields and blue skies on packages of eggs that have come from birds that have never seen such things.

I prefer my fresh meat at the butchers rather than something packaged, because the trays cant be recycled from asda, they're made from plastics that cant be distinguished so it has to go in the bin.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote