View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50   #8
MikeSz

Re: Go on il start it off - The Mosquito - for or against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
The mosquito is all about irritating the ears so you don't hang around, hence them being used outside areas where there has been problems with youth nuisance.... it doesn't hurt...I know as although I am over 25 I can still hear them due to a tonal deficiency in my ears and being sensitive to high pitch sounds and also having intermittant tinitus..

funny thing is I can hear dog whistles too cue jokes
They put the sound on Radio 4 this morning and I could hear it - my dad who was with me however couldnt. Im 28 so I'l be quite pleased if it means my ears are still in good fettle!

Anyway - I think there is a danger if they are available to the public at large - anyone could stick them on the front of their houses like burglar alarms (and we know the trouble they can cause!). I do think however that if a shop for instance has had a track record of problems with gangs hanging round (and in my job I get to know all about it) then they should be able to apply either to the Police or local authority to explore this option if appropriate.

I do however worry that its a much larger problem.

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote