View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:05   #49
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Homes at ‘pickle works’

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
3 storey means more floor area in the house, and as you say on the same plot of land as a normal 2 storey house, also at not a lot of extra cost to the builder.
My son lives in a new 3 storey house in St Helens, they have finished up having a conservatory built on at the back, to save them keep going up to the 1st floor lounge.
You right Park ... doesn't always mean more rooms, but can give bigger rooms. My friend used to live in cottage type one off Revidge, and now my daughter lives in this type (terraced) which has been modernised. Still not huge frontage width wise, but go in front door, stairs lead up to 2 double bedrooms/bathroom, ground level is large lounge with down to floor window, giving excellent view, and downstairs from this leads to large kitchen with access to outside garden and separate toilet... tis lovely. Course she lives in Dewsbury with lots of hills so lent itself very well to building on slopes. Perhaps this is why proposed in Stanhill.

Think it quite good that residents can see the problems it will cause and hold it up for a while, however, feel Barrets will just 'tweak' their plans to overcome this .. agree better than what is there at the moment, think the Stanhill residents just don't want to share.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote