Thread: P.C.gone mad?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 20:04   #52
Eric
God Member

Re: P.C.gone mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Really? Canada, Britain and Europe have already boarded the Sharia Train......and I don't think it's a stopping service.

By the way, the Greater Toronto area, (which, the last time I checked, was in Ontario,) has hundreds of polygamous Muslims who are receiving welfare and benefits for multiple spouses. Is that not a contradiction of Western law?
I know that you understand Canada well; so, you must realize that there is a wide variety of laws in our country. And you should know that welfare is delivered not by the Federal govt. or the Provincial govts. but by municipalities although the rules and the levels of payments do have some loose consistency. What Premier McGuinty was talking about was the law of Ontario, the law which applies to all Ontarians not just those four or five million living in the GTA. And you are no doubt aware that Premier Jean Charest in Quebec with the support of the PQ is even more outspoken about Sharia, and Quebecers are adamant that Quebec will maintain its unique status, its "distinct society" status, in the Canadian mosaic. The only people in Canada who receive a measure of preferential treatment, or different treatment, are the members of the more than 600 First Nations. But most of the priveleges they have under the law come from a series of Treaties dating back to the Royal Proclamation of 1763.

By the way, I know it's a little late, but happy Ground Hog day I know the little rodents disagree. Phil predicts a long winter, but our Wiarton Willy predicts an early spring. I hope our rodent is right
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote