View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 22:48   #34
ukcowboy
God Member

Re: Have we any coveage........

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Overall i dont think we were to bad tonight we played some good football but just did not get the rub of the green as they say,I think if one of the many chances in the first 45 had gone in we would have had a bucket full.Toddy was back to his best down the cow shed side in the first half and in general when we ran at them they looked dodgy to be honest we made a poor team look good. they only really had three attacks and scored on each occasion but sometimes thats how it goes,IMHO it didnt help that the ref and the liner on the cowshed side were diabolical i would,nt let the be in charge of a sunday league game an absolute disgrace we didnt get a sniff from them all night.
I accept what you say, however we cannot continue to blame the Officials, they have to apply the laws of the game, they have to be un biased ( no matter how biased we feel they are being, believe me they are not ), they can only give what they see ( remember your line of sight is totally different to thiers ), they have to make a split second decision and STICK to it ( no Andy Gray graphics on a football pitch!! ). I would say, do you think you could / would have done a better job?

The AR has to watch the ball, the players, the defensive line and the Ref all the same time. All AR's are given prematch instructions by the Ref. The general rule nowadays ( in giving offside decisions ) is that you keep your flag down untill the ball bounces, which can often give the impression that the flag is 'late' and also lets the defending player/s get back again giving the impression that the attacker is onside.............however as he was offside when the ball was struck, he remains so when it bounces!!..........Confusing? you should try applying it!!!! LOL.

I personally find it much harder to run the line than Ref the game, mind you I'm fat and getting on a bit now!!!

Refs and AR's do a difficult job, but like you and I they are human and mistakes are inevitable, and lets face it, its only human that we tend only to remember the 'bad' decisions, especially when things are'nt going our way!

By the way what have you got against us Saturday/Sunday league Refs.............lol

Ok I'll shut up now!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote