View Single Post
Old 16-02-2008, 22:20   #46
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think it might be me actually (or one another) Did hear this remark, but cannot remember the exact dialogue that led up to it .. was a long meeting with regard to the proposal of the Hyndburn name change.

It was obvious that the proposal was losing ground and think Cllr.Britcliffe was probably getting a little peavish at this stage as he was in a corner, and nowhere else for him to go. Insults abounded throughout the meeting, lots of them personal which were extremely amusing (he does have a dry sense of humour.. should be a stand up comedian).

Don't think accusing this lady Councillor of not being able to string three words together is a big deal (my goodness, three, that many ! ..) only banter, just the 'Silly Cow' bit. More mouthed than anything. Seemed all part of the proceedings to me. Wasn't said heatedly at all .. just an aside. Perhaps he should have been a little more careful, but was said in an amusing way.

Said it before, but Graham Jones ignored his gibes all night .. and just got on with it.. best way.

Storm in a teacup.
I agree totally Katex. I think my point wasn't the fracas itself which was a particularly low part of a discusion (which your right, I thought was childish at times and ignored).

My point was when acused, Clr Britcliffe said he never said it 'not in his vocabulary', and 30-40 people did actually hear/see him say it.

It's the constant lies. No-one is holding him to account.

Wynonnie, Teabags, JaySay are entitled to their opinion. I don't share it. Perhaps if they attended the meetings their personal criticisms would carry more weight and they could meet Labour members in person.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web