View Single Post
Old 17-02-2008, 06:42   #56
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

In the rough and tumble of combative political debate a great many things are said that are not necessarily accurate or personally affirmative. A quick mouthing of "silly cow" and the suggestion that one could barely string together coherent sentence seems to me pretty much low grade banter. As members well know I have no partiular liking for the leader of the council, but I must say that all this strikes me as very much a storm in an egg cup. A great deal of time and not a little public money has been expended on this petulant complaint. I am not surprised that the Standards Board has thrown it out.

If Cllr McCormack is going to take umbrage at every percieved sleight then perhaps it is time that she considered whether a life in local politics is really her forte; either that or toughen up and learn to give as good as she gets.

As for Britcliffe, one would have thought that a man in his position would know how to behave in public. That he so very clearly does not, points, yet again, to his unsuitability for the job.

Neither of the principals in this affair come out of it very well but, as usual, it is the borough that will suffer by being saddled with a council which, rather than getting on with the job they were elected to perform, prefer to squabble and fight like cats in a bag. And then, they have the gall to wonder that people do not want to become engaged with politics.

I despair!