View Single Post
Old 17-02-2008, 09:34   #58
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
Why do labour supporters have to always agree with whats happening in government and conservative supporters always have to agree with whats going on at local level?

I dont always agree with stuff thats going on with the political party i support so why should i have to do it on here.
Having been involved in politics for a very long time, although not now, I have to say shillelagh that unfortunately you can't really pick and choose, sins at Westminster come back to haunt local politicians. Back in 1990 I was totally against the poll tax, but it made no difference locally, politicians are tared with the same brush both locall and nationally, which I am sure even Cllr Graham Jones will agree with. I have often been of the opionion, that local services would be far better if they were not based on a political bias, but unfortunatley this will never happen. Because people are Labour or Tory should make no difference, for I have often subscribed to the fact that there are people on all sides of the political divide who have something to offer. Now I am out of it, and I mean well out of it, I can sit back and say anything I want. So I will make a sweeping statement, if Cllrs Jones and Britcliffe could bury the hatchet (and not in each others heads) Hyndburn would be the big winner, but I'm not holding my breath, because there is so much bitter personal hatred between them the hatchet in he scull is favourite