Thread: big defender
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 10:05   #40
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: big defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Another great psychological ploy from the management, I don't think! How on earth are public comments like this supposed to motivate the current squad?
Not always best to tell it like it is.
When I read this comment in't Telegraph , I thought to myself..'I hope that the reporter has got this all wrong'....they sometimes do you know!

But presuming that Jimmy Bell would have had an opportunity to correct this questionable statement....we must conclude that this is his honest opinion!.

If so, this sort of comment, as Redraine rightly says, will not only act as a demotivating influence on the other 'Defenders' in the Squad...but could also undermine what little bit of goodwill remains amongst the Supporters !
It might also sharpen the edges of the daggers waiting to be plunged into the backs of the Management team as a whole !.

So...if either JC or JB feel it necessary to issuesuch statements to the media...then perhaps a little forethought...rather than knee-jerking should be behind them!.

I'm going to take some stick now!!!...by saying that I thought that Lowey's
column in the same edition was as appropriate and near the mark as it has been for some time...there I've said it!

ON STANLEY !....ON!!!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote