View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 15:19   #126
claytonender

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

I wasn't there, I don't know exactly what set him off, but what I do know is that nobody says something like that without being provoked by something, and I know is that he is only human, even if being a politician makes him a bad one
What set him off, was that the Labour Party had proposed an amendment (to his motion) that the proprosed name of the borough should be the subject of a referendum on May 1st. When this amendement was defeated (by a recorded vote), the Labour Party then tabled an amendment that there should be a vote on the name change.

To say he was incandescent this putting it mildly, when the Labour Party were only expressing the views of the electorate. Because he was so angry he decided to make a very rude (and uncalled for comment) to the only Labour Party councillor for Oswaldtwistle.

If you want to defend him , thats fine. But he is lying when he says he did not make the insulting remark.

As for your views on women being able to vote, you are obviously living in the wrong century. I regard it as my civic duty to vote - many people fought very hard for universal suffrage in this country.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote