View Single Post
Old 21-02-2008, 00:09   #130
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just as an addition to this, noticed there will be a piece in the Observer tomorrow, and Cllr. Britcliffe said that he had asked people sat near to him if they heard this remark. They all replied in the negative .. nowt to do with the fact that the people were all Conservative councillors of course..

Not that he speaks very loudly mind you, but if Claytonender and I heard it from the balcony, surely they heard it from the floor !?!?!
"Banana republic" comes to mind. It just makes you want to get out of politics. It's full of people who tell lies and are corrupt (Hyndburn is a lot more corrupt than even the cynical would guess at) and full of people like Teabags and Whineonnie who will defend anything for political advantage.

If you change your mind, speak your mind and they don't agree, stand up for honesty, rather than discuss the issue they are straight down your throat. I am just ordinary person who works hard. Criticism fair enough. Honesty and fair play, that's an ever decreasing number of people.

Thank you Katex. You have highlighted 'from the shop floor", to what extent this administration will lie. You are not a supporter of mine, but at least turned up, not like the 2 moaning whingers above, and given me credit for doing what people ask. Being honest, working hard, trying hard to not get involved in slanging. Sticking to the issues in a way that people want them stuck to.

Katex. It's up to you but I believe it's your duty as an ordinary person to write to the Observer and tell things as you saw them. Not because Silly Cow even merits a letter, but a whole cabinet of Conservatives lying is very worrying and deserves comment.

Cashman, I honestly believe you get the politicians you ask for. I would like to meet with you at the one of the do's. You may realise that your cynicism does hurt and only the thick skinned, untruthful ones, benefit and survive from your comments!! To those that care, I am lying if I said the personal and unfounded criticism doesn't hurt.

Last edited by g jones; 21-02-2008 at 00:13.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote