Old 21-02-2008, 11:15   #135
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
And sad though it is to admit it, this is one of the reasons why I'm actually glad that I wasn't elected.

When I stood, I had this grand vision that Councillors actually worked together for the greater good of the Borough. Even before the election itself two years ago I had insights that this wasn't the case and clearly it still isn't.

Now I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush because I'm currently working with two councillors on one project - both are from opposite sides of the divide and both are lovely, helpful and dedicated, they are both very committed to working together.

I also come in to contact with others who are helpful and willing to muck in.

But what I'm seeing cheapens the whole political process. Yes, Britcliffe shouldn't have said what he said and I agree that lying after the event is wrong but surely this shouldn't have been taken to the complaints procedure in the first place. By taking something like this to the complaints panel it completely undermines the rest of the work that is going on in the borough - it's had more discussion on here than the Accrington Masterplan and it's had equal coverage in the papers! What message is this sending to anyone?

So, Wynonie, if you were to ask me right now which political party I supported I would sadly have to report NONE!
agree completely,well said, the exact reasons i gave up wi em.