View Single Post
Old 23-02-2008, 18:47   #124
katex
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Aye had noticed those, they will all get planning permission as well, you can bet.
But what of the comments made by Concillor Claire Prichard " we have enough little boxes and apartments in Hyndburn. The clayton-le-moors application is just that 6 x 1 bed apartments, why not 3x2 bed apartments, or is it another developer on the gravy train just out to make a quick killing.
The Church application I think the developer has already been in trouble with HBC for allowing the site to get in to a mess, not sure if they did'nt get fined, would seem that they did

Firm fined for neglecting land - News - Accrington Observer

The new 3 storey houses would look very well next to the rows of terraced houses
Note Councillor Clarke's comment "We want to make Hyndburn the place to be......"

Oh yeh, did see that article, just hadn't connected .. does look a mess. (picture in the Observer).
I think it would look OK too Park, but will the neighbours ? ..

Not sure re. 3 - 2 bedroomed flats ex. Lamb Inn .. they are very small properties, and maybe the living area that would be provided would not balance with 2 bedrooms for a family. ? Looks like the ground floor would be some sort of communal entrance feature. Can't blame them for profiteering on 1-bedroom flats though, that is what it is all about I suppose. Would be ok in a metropolitan area, whereby the second bedroom could be rented out to a flate mate, but Clayton is not that unfortunately. Main road too. So feel best decision for this developer.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote