View Single Post
Old 29-02-2008, 19:00   #207
claytonender

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Talking about honest and trust worthy I must take my hat of to Tony Dobson, well done that man.
Why must you take your hat off to Tony Dobson - what has he done that is so wonderful?

Also in case you have a bad case of amnesia - it was the Tory government who introduced the many layers of 'management' into the NHS when they thought up the idea of the internal market.

Despite the figures quoted, the NHS remains free at the point of use. No one is turned away because they can not afford medical treatment. I hate to think how much anyone with a serious long term medical condition would be charged by a medical insurance company.

The all ethos of the Welfare State is from each according to his means to each according to their needs. I wonder if you can name one 'Tory' policy that has benefited so many people for almost 60 years. (in case you forgot - the NHS came into being on 5/7/1948).

Contrast this with Thacher, who said there is no such thing as society, she really did believe in devil take the hindmost.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote