View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 18:19   #74
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Cold calling should be illegal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
My movement might be impeded, but there is nothing wrong with my memory.

It just struck me as somewhat ironic, the 'self centred' comment, especially as you recently informed us of your stuburness about parking in a designated disabled parking space, when you weren't exiting the vehicle yourself.

That smacks much more of 'me, me, me', than anything I've moaned about in this thread. But hey, it's my thread, and if I want to moan I will.

As for abusing people verbally, either on the phone or at the door, that really isn't my style. I'd just rather they stopped trying to interest me in their God.
You missed out a word. You forgot to include ‘selective’ before memory.

I qualified my comment about parking in a disabled bay but did not exit the vehicle by pointing out that I didn’t feel up to being able to walk round Asda once I got there. Some twerp even suggested that I should have re-parked.

The same happened ten days ago. I took my son with me, primarily because I would need someone to unload my car when I got back home, as I knew that there would be at least half a dozen bags. Using a walking stick as I am forced to do these days it would have meant many trips back and forth from my parked car to my kitchen. I am currently suffering with a severe attack of sciatica in the left leg – fortunately. My left kidney took it upon itself to have its fairly regular moan so even with pain killers walking becomes an interesting exercise.

I said fortunately because I drive an automatic car, meaning that my left leg is redundant as far as driving is concerned. So once I get settled in my seat and the pain subsided to an ignorable level I’m OK. But getting out and staggering around Asda was not an option although I had hoped to get round myself. I hate people doing the shopping for me because I might spot something that I had forgotten to put on the list or something that I fancied trying. All their disabled buggies were being used. So my son, armed with my shopping list and enough cash, did my shopping for me.

But hey! Why let reality, tainted by a selective memory, spoil the opportunity of having a sneaky dig? It’s par for the garinda course. If you can’t come up with a meaningful point, attack the other person.