View Single Post
Old 15-03-2008, 03:33   #13
blazey
God Member

Re: Broadband Bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The download allowance or bandwidth as the ISP’s call it, is a monthly allowance. If you read the posts you would have gleaned that.

I don’t get speed and bandwidth confused. Speed is obviously how fast data is transferred and bandwidth is how much data can be transferred in a given period of time irrespective of how fast it is transferred.
Well mine isn't, because if they limited my internet with half the household being MMORPG gamers we'd get about a days internet for the month and that' be it.

When they say unlimited downloads then that's exactly what they mean, we aren't in the 90's anymore. They can't just lie to you like that. BT have their clause about fairness but you have to be downloading a hell of a lot to max out your limit.

We only pay £10 a month at the moment and we've not been charged extra. You should switch ISP's if you're getting conned like that. I might not be a computer genius but I'm not completely brainless with going out with a computer programmer for 3 years, and I also don't need to be patronised by your experienced usage of google and wikipedia either JB, so please don't do it, it's wasting your download limit on someone who doesn't care about how much is in a megabyte/gigabyte.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote