View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 08:49   #173
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Post Office Closures

[quote=g jones;549841]Democracy is about freedom of speech and freedom to choose. If other Councillors came on and the debate was opened up, I think it would make for a better Hyndburn.

I spoke with Cashman in Sydney St club and I admitted if people have Conservative views when I am out canvassing, I don't encourage them to vote for me. I tell them to vote Conservative and I have even told them why they should vote Conservative. That's just being honest and helping them represent their views. I wouldn't be

Good grief something we can agree on Graham, my sentiments entirely. I was on the knocker a few years ago and I had with me a very keen newcomer, we were in knuzden at the time. There was a house with a Labour poster in the window and this young man was walking up the path, I asked where he was going,he replied I'll try to change their minds. Shaking my head, I said anyone who has a poster in their window ain't going to change and I wouldn't even insult their intelligence by trying, besides that its just wasting our time, I only hope he learned a lesson that night. Just for the benefit of WalkonBRFC i'm not answering Grahams ost I'm agreeing with him

Last edited by jaysay; 22-03-2008 at 08:54. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote