View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 10:41   #7
dabeast
Full Member+

Re: Stanley does Sligo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
cheers dabeast will def keep everyone updated on what's going on, just hoping I can get a decent trip price...but it will also depend on numbers...

to fly or not to fly...that is the question

Or do we coach it over, I am going to see frazer eagle soon to see if they can help in anyway

Costs about 350 quid each way for a minibus over 8m long via holyhead - dublin on ferry. no idea how much a bus would cost to hire.

Flights direct to sligo currently about 100 per person but will increase each time someone books on. An alternative is to fly to Derry or Belfast International (domestic uk flights are 'generally' cheaper on taxes). Both airports about 2 hours drive from sligo.

The tricky thing with cheap flights is booking them at the right time and also you need the cash upfront for each passenger, making it difficult to give a price for anyone to go 'on a whim'. It might be worth speaking to Irish Ferries or Stena Line about the ferry options as they will probably be more flexible on numbers.

Hope you manage to arrange this I'm sure the lads out there will be surprised. From experience of organising something on this scale I wish you the best of luck it is a daunting task! If you need any help post on here or pm me.