View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 10:49   #10
harwood red
God Member

Re: Stanley does Sligo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Costs about 350 quid each way for a minibus over 8m long via holyhead - dublin on ferry. no idea how much a bus would cost to hire.

Flights direct to sligo currently about 100 per person but will increase each time someone books on. An alternative is to fly to Derry or Belfast International (domestic uk flights are 'generally' cheaper on taxes). Both airports about 2 hours drive from sligo.

The tricky thing with cheap flights is booking them at the right time and also you need the cash upfront for each passenger, making it difficult to give a price for anyone to go 'on a whim'. It might be worth speaking to Irish Ferries or Stena Line about the ferry options as they will probably be more flexible on numbers.

Hope you manage to arrange this I'm sure the lads out there will be surprised. From experience of organising something on this scale I wish you the best of luck it is a daunting task! If you need any help post on here or pm me.
That is my issue regarding flights as would need the money up front to do it!! Only prob with coach/ferry is the length of time it takes to travel and this may put many off... although the whole travelling can be also part of the charm if it is like a party atmosphere

I have had another request a la sligo and that is can we take the benin/boco flag...jase/sparkie???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote