Thread: pimped my ride
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 21:10   #1
entwisi
God Member

pimped my ride

Oh, err not sure I should post this as some of you will laugh but I've sort of accidentally "Pimped my Ride"

you may remember that my car was bumped just after christmas and was in threat of being written off. It was fixed in the end and I decided to give it a 'refresh' as at 190K the suspension was getting tired and a few other little bits needed a bit of attention.

So, bit of research around the Volvo forums I narrowed it down to either Koni FSDs or Weitec Ultra GT's. Now being a turbo version mine is lowered about 25mm over standard cars. The two kits are both 35mm lowered, not a problem thinks I its only 10mm more than I have already and as the old springs are tired it shouldn't be much different............

well it turns out i didn't quite check properly as it turns out the 25mm lowering isn't in the springs its in the mounts so my car now sits 60mm lower than standard! Where there is normally an inch or so gap over the tyre to the wheelarch lip my tyres are nearly an inch up

Ride quality is still very good on the new springs, no crashing or harshness and roadholding is awesome. The lower C of G really helps in keeping it planted and mid corner bumps are handled with aplomb.

Pictures to follow........

So should I trade in my pipe and slippers for a hoodie and a bass boom box?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web