View Single Post
Old 26-03-2008, 15:42   #42
Lolly
Senior Member+

Re: Pregnant Man????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No, every one doesn't have the right to be a parent, parenthood is a natural thing, for a 'normal couple'.
If however that couple are, 'not normal', and here I class normal to be male & female, A lesbian couple or a gay couple in all practicalities cannot produce a child, that is a sacrifice they must make to be accepted as 'normal' for them in my eyes.
If lesbians and gays can find love together fine I've no problem, when they introduce into that factor a child that has to grow up with 'artificial', parents then I'm sorry the couple are not being responsible, they are producing a living being to fulfil their needs, that is selfish.

Why are you angry? Is there something you are fighting for that you already know is wrong?
I'm sorry but that thinking is exactly why its taken so long for civil partnerships & gay couples being allowed to adopt. And quite frankly I think its pathetic!! Who are you to say how a couple, be they what you'd call "normal" or not, would be as parents??

So a "normal" couple who produce a child aren't fulfilling their needs are they not? And what about gay couples who adopt? Are they being selfish? They aren't giving a needy child a chance at a better life?

I know a gay couple (men) who have had a child, its one of the couples biologically, and they are two of the best parents I know. The child is happy, healthy and bright. And even at 5 years old understands that his family is a bit different.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote