View Single Post
Old 30-03-2008, 10:10   #175
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Macclesfield Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We have absolutely no firepower up front. I can't remember their goalie having to make a save. We were shocking in the first half when we should have used the wind and rain at our backs to better advantage, but what did we do? You guessed it - humped it up to Mully, with no end product. We actually got it down more in the second half and played some decent approach stuff, even better when down to ten men, but again no end product whatsoever.. I think Coley said on the radio we were the better team, but he wasn't watching the same match as me. They had quick, clever forwards who hunted in packs and had several chances to wrap it up in the second half when their running off the ball gave them men over and we were lucky to keep the score down. Give Grant a start on Friday please as he seemed to threaten the penetration we so badly need.
Todd was our MOM by a mile - worked his socks off and never gave away possession cheaply, unlike so many others.
Can't play against 11 men and 2 subs (ref and 1 of the liners) with 11 or even 10 men. We did not get a decision all afternoon,yet the players were being kicked, pulled and pushed by Macc all the time. Physical yea, illegal no. Aswad deserved to go, but lo and behold 5 mins later, Whalley went in on the keeper a little late (he got booked and deserved it) keeper swung at Whalley and got nowt, not even a talking to. I think this is maybe why our players heads are going down as well as being played out of position. Mullin was a mile too slow and clearly not ready to come back. So where was Leighton McGivern again? What has the lad to do to get into the team FFS. He really must have upset JC and JB to not get a look in. Sat next to one old guy yesterday and he said the Macc match was the deciding factor as to whether he got a season ticket for next year. So that's another supporter lost. Come on Stanley, show the same sort of passion as the Ultras show you. BTW Lesley as a NUN - I don't think so.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote