Thread: New name???
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32   #127
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: New name???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
You'd have to be an idiot not to have understood it was a poor attempt at humour.

Big joke, though. Just when they should be launching a full scale drive on the brilliant season ticket prices, the local press has got Eric saying that the public of Accrington don't deserve a league team, front page two days running.
It's a Blue morning!!...First thing on my MP3 when I turned it on ?...
Howlin' Wolf....'Goin' down slow!!!', then I re-read the piece in the 'Telegraph'' Oggy !, which ends 'Without doubt it was a bit of fun and an April Fool. But the more we think about it, the more it makes sense '...then I sat at my Piano and played some more Blues !.

Because if there is one thing to ponder upon when surveying the collective
reaction to the 'fishy spoof', it is surely the fact that none of it makes any sense whatsoever !!, and anyone who can arrive at any other conclusion
must be THE April Fool!!

The whole affair, in the opinion of one who has supported 'ACCRINGTON STANLEY' since watching George Stewart glide his headed gems between
the Peel Park goalposts, has done little to enhance the reputation of those
who perpetrated this not-so-subtle attempt at ' Veiled Irony', and, worse still, gone on to use the original words in a ploy to get a more sinister concept accross to the people of Accrington and it's surrounds !...SHAME ON THEM !!..... ' Quo Vadis ?'.

So Alfred.E. and I are Blue, (Where we should be 'Red all over'!)...and, to use aother 'blues' phrase!...'Is it any wonder?'.

I'll try and cheer up before tomorrow night...Honestly!!!!!.

' ON ACCRINGTON STANLEY..........ON !!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote