Thread: Cannabis
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 20:17   #29
***Mr D***
Senior Member+

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The current national debate is once again about how to classify cannabis.

Brown has announced that a second review is to take place to look at if cannabis should be re-classified from the current class “C” drug to a class “B” drug.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/jul/18/immigrationpolicy.drugsandalcohol

Some sufferers of multiple scelorsis claim that cannabis alleviates their pain. So does heroin in the guise of morphine.

However it is daft to allow alcohol to be legally sold and all the problems that it causes, yet criminalize the use of cannabis.

The real problem with cannabis is that it is cultivated and sold by criminals because it is illegal to grow, posses, sell and use.

We can legally make our own beer and wine and even spirits for OUR OWN CONSUMPTION so why not cannabis. Alcohol not only kills and maims the user but others as well. Cannabis rarely if ever does the same.

Take the criminality out of cannabis by controlling its production and distribution and make it cheaper to buy from a licensed source, like a chemist, than buying it on the ‘street’. Undercut the criminals and they will go out of business. Once out of the cannabis business criminals would not be able to dupe their regular cannabis customers into trying other drugs, which would be a bonus. No doubt the criminal element will fight back but the government has to be strong and resolute even if it means that cannabis will be given away practically free. No business can run at a loss, especially a criminal business.

Then if the illegal cannabis trade can be wrested from the criminal the government should look at the possibility of doing the same with other so called ‘recreational’ drugs.

Finally, I have never knowingly used any illegal drug so from a purely personal view I don’t care what happens to cannabis. I prefer to keep my brain clear and active, which is why I do not use alcohol and haven’t done for more than 15 years.
I do not believe it should be changed to a class B drug.

Our courts are busy enough without having to deal with petty possession charges, Or would the issue some form of on the spot fine system.

Most pople who say it should be increase dont really understand the amount of people that actually use the drug.

Go back 15 years cannabis was mainly sold in the form of resin, in numorous types and it was usually of good quality and the price was pretty high. Nowadays resin or Soap Bar is full of all sorts of poisons and is half the price its purely made to make profit.

The UK Cannabis Co-Op : Smoking Soap - Smoking Poison!

Back then Skunk was a pretty rare thing to get hold off, unlike today where it is the mainstream, again with the skunk (which lets remember is a plant NOT man made and has MANY other uses). there are different types, strains and strenths.

Although the proffit barrons have started to poison this to again to make proffit from the user.

CANNABIS-CAMPAIGNERS-GUIDE-SMOKE-SOAP-SMOKE-POISON

Now IMO if you make the drug harder to get hold of this is what happens even more, the quality goes the proffitears take over and poison the users.

Now if the smokers where allowed to possess a small quantity without problem this would save police a lot of messing. I watch Street Wars and they regularly find people possessing skunk, to which they usually arrest, warn, and the dearrest as it can be dealt with at the roadside. should they arrest spend 2 hours+ processing the "criminal" to give him a petty caution or send him to court?

I feel more resorses should be made getting the smack of the streets.

Funny thing is all the bad parts of roadwars seem to come from Alchol?

Now I could go on about the medical benefits, but if you want to know more, google is your friend.

So after my waffel, I feel that cannabis laws need to be looked at in great detail, you will never stop it being on the streets.

but NO WAY should it be increase to a class B.