View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 21:31   #39
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think you're a bit out of touch hun.

Go to any newsagents and you'll see that there is a glut of men's magazines, from the lads mags like Loaded and FHM, to the health and fitness mags, such as Men's Fitness and Men's Health, that are aimed primarily at straight men, and which are filled with the toned and chiselled bodies their readers apparently aspire to, and I suppose obviously like looking at, if only to wish they had the same six pack, instead of their beer induced paunch.

There is no definite evidence the two things linked, just as there is no evidence size zero fashion models leads to girls developing eating disorders, but in a media that is obsessed with the body beautiful, there is mounting concern that the two things are intrinsically connected.

D
Must admit Garinda, my own son does buy these magazines and goes to the gym a few times in the week, as well as riding his bike to work, so willing to do a sort of U-turn on this opinion.

As for models and size zero .. nowt to do with eating disorders .. as you know full well, have a life time of experience with this .. 'tis a mental disorder .. blah, blah, blah.

As for filling up space in the Observer .. thought this week, there was plenty to read apart from the Baby/Honey comps .. are they just not treated as supplements .. ?

"Mirror, mirror on the wall". Suppose nothing wrong with loving yourself at the end of the day....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote