View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00   #11
MargaretR
God Member

Re: Checking deliveries

I have had regular Tesco deliveries for 7 years and never had any issues with the drivers.(never had a bad one yet!)

I dont expect them to deliver into my kitchen, even though they always offer to - the front hall is far enough for me.

I never unpack and check before they leave except for the spirits wine and cigarettes.(which I make a point of looking out for as I empty their delivery boxes into my hallway).

I find that Tesco rarely have a missing item (unlike Asda ) and when it has happened, one phone call and the value has been refunded without question

I once reported 2 small items missing - got a refund - then found them amongst my recycling box in my hall (where I had accidentaly put them).
When I phoned to apologise, they were amused. I told them to debit the amount back again - but they never did.

The 'missing item report' system works well, and the honesty of the customer is always assumed - unless it is blatently abused.

Therefore there is no need to delay the driver by doing an unpacking check.

I think that you may well have gained the reputation for being an awkward customer Ian

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote