Thread: Rarity....
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55   #2
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Rarity....

Good for her, though eight grand was a fair old whack when they bought it in the forties, but nowhere near it's worth today.

I love(ed) Sandbanks. My Dad used to keep his boat moored there, at Davis's boatyard, and we had some wonderful holidays there as children.

We used to rent a house on the actual spit itself, connecting Sandbanks to the mainland. You went through the garden gate straight onto the beach, and it had balconies at both sides, so at the back you looked over the English Channel, from the Needles on the Isle of Wight to Old Harry on Purbeck, and at the back you over looked Poole Harbour, the second largest natural bay in the world, truly beautiful.

If you think about it, considering our thousands of miles of coastline, there are very few places in the U.K. which have houses which have direct asccess to the beach/sea, so it's not suprising Sandbanks has some of the most expensive real estate in the world.

The last time I was there it's all changed, and a lot of the old properties have been demolished to make way for apartments and houses for the Footballer's Wives market.

The house I always liked best is lived in by Harry Rednap, which is very close to the old lady's house on the map, or the one right next to the ferry, which used to belong to John Lennon's aunt Mimi.

I hope this lady enjoys the rest of her life living in her home on Sanbanks, I would.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote