Thread: I'd do anything
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2008, 10:07   #30
blazey
God Member

Re: I'd do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I know all this Garinda, thought someone of intellectual ability may come back and argue the point. Just would not be the same for me, that's all .. Oliver is one of my favourite musicals and would be distracted from what I consider a mis-casting.

This is how Dickens described her and Rose, didn't say what type of colour her face was, but sure he did not mean black:-

"They wore a good deal of hair, not very neatly turned up behind, and were rather untidy about the shoes and stockings. They were not exactly pretty, perhaps; but they had a great deal of colour in their faces, and looked quite stout and healthy. Being remarkably free and easy with their manners, Oliver thought them to be very nice girls indeed. Which there is no doubt they were. [Oliver Twist, p.62]"

Steeljack: Don't think out of the question at all that Jesus could be portrayed by a dark skinned, hook-nosed jew .. that's what he was.
Can black people not have colour in their faces? Surely they're faces go red too when they blush, cold etc...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote