View Single Post
Old 15-04-2008, 21:04   #56
glasgow guy
Senior Member+

Re: mark speight died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Glasgow guy, I respect your opinions....but how would you feel if people were judging your dead son...and judging him by what the media tell us he did??
None of us here know this man. We are only permitted to know him through what the media wish to tell us...and if the media had not told you these things then you would still be in no position to judge the man.
I feel for his family, and his girlfriends family. He died in torment, and that can be no easy death...so however you feel, he did pay the ultimate price for his lifestyle and his perceived pleasures.

You never know how your own children are going to grow up.....and if they go wrong, then you can only be there to help them get their life back on track.
Is there not something in a book that suggests that we judge not, lest we ourselves be judged?
if it were my son I wouldnt be interested in what anyone says to be honest and in regards to what you say about no one knowing him - this is true so why are so many folk bothered about what I posted initially and why are so many folk upset at his death ? - does everyone get upset when they read the death notices in the local paper regarding people they didnt know ? - probably not.
and you are correct in saying that I dont know how my own kids may grow up - time will tell with that one - and the book you are talking about - is this the worlds best selling story book your talking about?... theres not much in that I believe if I am honest.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote