View Single Post
Old 27-04-2004, 17:03   #1
Ceejache

Angry Football...but not as we knew it.....

Maybe some of you have seen this, some of you won't have. This affects the whole of the football world - from Internationals to park footy. From BBC Sport -

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he is in favour of finding a way to avoid drawn matches.

Penalties would seem the most likely way of deciding match outcomes, but he has not said this would definitely be the chosen method.

"When you play cards or other games, there's always a winner and a loser," he told German news agency SID.

"We should have the courage to introduce a final decision in every game of football."

I think I speak for 99.9% of football fans when I say that this man has finally lost the plot. There needs to be some kind of coup in the ranks of FIFA soon or the game will be going down the toilet in the not so distant future, mark my words.

Todays statement, along with Blatters earlier lunatic ravings concerning tighter kits for the ladies game, shows just how much Blatter is trying to pander to America and the allmighty dollar - go ahead Blatter, it doesn't matter if football is turned into a parody of its former self as long as the benjamins start rolling into FIFA's pockets.....No offence to the Americans but if the majority of Joe Schmoes don't get the concept of a drawn game, or football on the whole, then tough luck. The game appeals to every ****** else enough as it is - leave it alone Blatter, or I will come looking for you!!!!!

I would be interested to know if anyone is in favour of Blatter's musings.