View Single Post
Old 16-04-2008, 13:36   #8
amateur_shrink

Re: Kate Rusby @ Ossy Civic Theatre

I was just wondering whether anyone local had seen this gig and what they thought?

I'm a big fan of Kate's past work and have seen her live a number of times. Ordinarily (assuming you like folk music) she is sublime - absolute perfection and well worth whatever you pay for the ticket.

Last time I saw her, however, we were a little disappointed. John McCusker has left the band and his replacement, IMO, just didn't cut the mustard. Andy's Cutting & Seward were great as usual but Kate seemed to have a bit of a sore throat - kept coughing and appeared to struggle to deliver some of the higher notes.

My other half told me I was just being over critical but if you've seen Kate and the band really on song then you'll know why I was disappointed with what felt like a humdrum opening-few-nights-of-the-tour experience.

Won't stop me seeing her again though - would strongly recommend any fans or potential fans get tickets for the Cawthorne concerts. It's a sort of home fixture for Kate and always seems to be a special one!
amateur_shrink is offline   Reply With Quote