View Single Post
Old 20-04-2008, 10:35   #12
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Bank information.

Thanks everyone, you are correct, have taken a look at the Natwest site and they do have stern warnings about this type of what they call 'phishing'.
Wondered what that word meant ...

I must have my stupid head on this month, musn't I ?

Got a feeling that I may have filled one in a few months ago,(only just gone back to Internet Banking a few months ago) but my account appears to be intact .. they probably didn't think was worth bothering with

Most of the links, there is nothing there, but the latest did have and had heard Martin Lewis telling Jeremy Vine to never, ever, give any details of yourself it they ring you either.

Have recently received a letter from the bank re. a further security measure saying I will receive a Card-Reader that looks like a small pocket calculator along with simple instrutions on its use. All sounds perculiar again to me ??

Perhaps now overly suspicious but they have headed my addressee name with Mrs. (one christian) name and (surname).

All my accounts and correspondence usually are headed Mrs. (two letters of my christian names) and surname. Perhaps I am now getting a little bit too suspicious.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote