View Single Post
Old 24-04-2008, 18:38   #19
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: mr britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
What alternatives do you propose?
You asked I made an attempt of an answer, come on Oh wise one, surely I deserve to be put in my place?

Quote:
Perhaps spending less on litter Police and more on the poor guys that have to clean it up?
Perhaps employing more refuse collectors rather than someone to search through ordinary folks waste, just to make sure they are recycling properly?

Using a carrot for the donkey, i.e. "excuse me Sir, but this is our town please don't throw you fag end in the street", instead of people hiding and photographing offenders just to make an extra few pounds.

I quite like our gentlemen that go around with their brush and shovel attempting to keep the streets clean, give them a bit of limelight, show people what a worthwhile job they are doing rather than paying over the odds for sneak Police. Educate the masses before you punish them!

I know it's an offence to litter, but I'm sure that people would co-operate more to gentle persuasion than something like a £70 fine, the first time I'm caught for making a mistake, (I always try to remember to use a bin), will be the time I stop searching for a bin and just watch out for the camera!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote