View Single Post
Old 24-04-2008, 18:49   #83
mickmc

Re: General Election Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yours was not not the only father n family who fought in the wars, n to say they fought for the "Right to Vote" is utter rubbish,it was more about "Conscription" n a evil pig called "Adolf"n many joined up in droves to " Fight fer the Country" to say people who disagree with yer view are "Spitting on their Graves" is insulting as far as i'm concerned, but if that fits in yer " Narrow Mind" fair enough.
Th'owd fella wasn't conscripted, in fact he could have taken the easy way out, as he was a miner and therefore exempt from call up, but he had his principles and knew that monster had to be defeated

and after 3 years as POW including a 3 month "trip" to Belsen for repeatedly trying to escape, his views were even firmer that democracy WAS worth fighting for !!

Do you seriously think we would even be allowed to have this debate under the German Jackboot, if he and thousands like him hadn't taken the stand - so no, I will not spit on their graves

My "Narrow Mind"....?!? keeps me in the same views as him - and in the words of someone who really understood what democracy is........
." I don't agree with your Tory views !!!.............. but I will fight to the death for your right to hold them