Thread: mr britcliffe
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2008, 19:18   #25
andrewb
God Member

Re: mr britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes you are arguing against him, you are trying to make everything rosy so far as your views are concerned, now that 'rindy has you cornered you are trying to make it seem YOU'RE educating him, I think we've seen enough of his posts to realise he doesn't need to learn much from a first year college student to know when the toilets blocked, 'cos there's a stink coming from somewhere!
I'm arguing against the figures. He said he was simply quoting so how can I argue against him?

I'm not painting everything as rosy, but I am saying that we are not the most expensive council. It matters a great deal which band they surveyed. If you calculate it using what's actually happening in reality, you'll see that a MUCH lower percentage of income goes to council tax than it states.

The figure is worked out from average salary and then what percentage of income goes to council tax if you're in BAND D. Considering most people living in band D properties have an income of more than £17,000 it's not at all accurate.