View Single Post
Old 25-04-2008, 14:48   #91
andrewb
God Member

Re: General Election Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As you point out, unlike your good self, I'm not a member of any political organisation or party.

I will continue to criticise, or praise, whoever, and whatever, I see fit.

Just this past week I've highlighted three major issues I have with this government, as well as calling them sleazy on this very forum.

I guess that's the beauty I have of being non-partisan, unlike those of you who are active members of a political organisation, and who use Accy Web to spread one party propoganda.

I was genuinely disappointed yesterday with Cameron's interview with the BBC about crime. As was pointed out to him, if he was P.M. he'd be shouting from the roof tops about the fall in figures of reported crime, and taking all the praise.

He showed the same sort of reticence to comment that he exhibits over the question as to whether he ever took illegal drugs before becoming party leader. A simple yes or no would be so much more appreciated by the general public.

British politics is crying out for straightforward, clear, honest, leadership. Three things David Cameron has so far not shown he is capable of.
Come on now rindi enough of the 'I'm not part of a party' business. I do and can still make criticisms of the Conservative party. I'm in the party because they're the party I most agree with and support. It does't mean I support the party blindly on policy. Besides which you can still be partisan without having a membership card.

Considering Cameron said "Any good news is always welcome"... "you rejoice at good bits and then look at bad bits and work out what to do about it" yet you seemed to miss this in the interview, are you sure you're non-partisan?

Last edited by andrewb; 25-04-2008 at 14:51.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web