View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 13:38   #41
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Should Graham Jones resign?

I was brought up not to tell lies so I resent your comments. The Daily Telegraph piece was used (as published by the DT) in response to a Conservative view that we were a low tax Council.

I am sick of the squabbling, lies, deceit. I don't really want to spend my life around these people to be honest. My mates, football traveling are my life. I do work hard here, I tell the truth even when I am to blame. People in Peel know that. I am not here to play the game, I am here to end the game playing and everyone around me knows that.

Scrutinizing issues on leaflets
I believe is important. Because people begin to blacken my name as we are al the same. We all have a responsibility to be honest.

Lies Lies Lies on Labour leaflets... where??? I don't tell lies. If something is wrong not only do I apologize but I feel guilty about it.

This is what get's Councillors a bad name because if Conservatives are doing it, then people believe I and my colleagues are doing it.

On every Tory leaflet it said Labour will introduce Car Parking Charges.
FACT we have never discussed the matter as a group, and individually most Labour Councillors are opposed to it.

On Every Tory Leaflet it said Labour's £2m black hole.
FACT no-one lost £2m. It was a first quarter deficit of 450k in 2003-2004 (A Tory year).
FACT Labour's one year 2002-2003 the books balanced and were signed of by all 35 councillors as balanced and correct by vote in Full Council.

On Every Tory Leaflet it claimed credit for building two new Health Centres.
FACT The PCT built them, financed them, occupy them.

Last year the Conservative Leaflet said Labour would introduce a £200 Rubbish Tax.
FACT The Council does not have the systems to implement and collate that sort of data, on the wagons, at the depot, in waste services and it is totally incapable of linking into Council Tax. Our officers say there is no way HBC can implement it. Those running the Council should know this.
FACT We are opposed to Rubbish Taxes and told the Conservatives this many times before their leaflet.

Finally, anyone with an open mind who has the opportunity to judge Labour Councillors and Tory Councillors in Hyndburn for themselves (at a meeting for eg.) comes away suddenly realising the degree to which Labour Councillors are honest and genuine, and the awe at how rotten most Conservatives are. I ask people to see for themselves and make their own mind up.

Last edited by g jones; 02-05-2008 at 13:47.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote