View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 14:39   #5
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: The Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton View Post
Coincedence abound!
Jaysay - you were working at Arnold Rileys in '75 - Steven Astin, Dereks son served his time at rileys circa 1981 to 1984. As did I a couple of years earlier ('79 to '83). Sadly Steven too has now passed away, and with some sad irony he and his father were the same age when they passed on. Steven was a friend of mine both at work and previously at school and Baxenden scouts and Derek, also a joiner was a friend of my Dads.

Cheers
Ian
Hi Ian, I left Rileys in 1976 went working for Valley Refrigeration and Shopfitters, had some good times whilst I was there, but I finally feel out with Mary and David, infact there were about 4 of us left at the same time. That was of course before they went big and then finally moved and went bust. I still kept in touch with some of the lads for a while, I was a big mate of Jimmy Galbraith, who sadly died in 1980 so I bet you may have known him, Joe Taylor was another and Tommy Yates, and not to forget Jon Martin who I actually went to school with, thanks for reminding me about those times Ian