View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 13:03   #107
andrewb
God Member

Re: Should Graham Jones resign? 'labour group leader'

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I didn't suggest anything of the kind.

I just commented that the people in his ward who've replied seemed very happy with the job he's doing, and that the vast majority of people who've voted in your poll don't think he should resign.

A very clear statement, for all but the most blinkered to understand.

If this constant snipping at the opposition, rather than coming out with anything new and positive, is the face of 'New Conservatism', it's not really pursuading me to vote for them.
You did suggest it by mentioning his ward. I wasn't questioning at all the notion that people in his ward like him. I was questioning his leader of the labour group status as surely the job of the leader is to make progress within the borough and stand up to be held responsible for misleading people in leaflets.

I am not a politician, it's not my job to come up with new policies, but yes I have been positive, but no not when I'm criticising something I think is wrong. It's only right that whatever party you belong in, if you can see where the public are being completely mislead, you should stand up and say 'that is wrong'.