View Single Post
Old 13-05-2008, 12:47   #53
polly

Re: How would you deal with anti-social behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Ok polly, my adopted children are far less problematic now than with thier natural father (who is a drug dealing/using, drunkard, who cant hold a job down, has been to prison, and has several convictions since, and is still on probation at 27) social workers are keen to allow him access to the kids, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with for 3 years, paid nothing towards thier upkeep, and recently sent them a dvd as a present which turned out to be a bad copy, and was a 15 cert, the eldest is 7? He mentally and physically abused the mother. So if the kids remain problematic, who goes to prison? me, or him?
Oh him definitely, after all he seems not only to be the cause but also to be aggravating the situation. Your circumstances seem to prove my point that kids like this can improve if they are removed from their environment. You say the children are improving and that sounds like it is due to you - well done. The downside of course is the social workers wanting to allow the natural father contact. Why? What has he to offer them? Why do they need him? What they need most of all is to be protected from him and given a chance. At least that is what it sounds like from what you have told us.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote