View Single Post
Old 18-05-2008, 19:51   #45
sfb2004

Re: Looking To Volunteer!

Hi It is fine to go down there tomorrow. The volunteer courses run every few weeks but tend to stop in the summer when the kids are off. My name is Stella and I am a volunteer counsellor in there. I shall be there tomorrow from about 12.45 -3.00 but have a client 1-2. You can ask for me if i am free and i will introduce you to the team or if you go in the morning Jennifer will be on the reception i think and she is a volunteer who can tell you more about it. The centre offers help and information to women about anything and everything and if they haven't got the answer, they refer people on to the places that can. They run courses to help develop computer skills, self esteem, confidence, creative skills etc and there is a donation only counselling service, a small library, and a creche so lots of variety. I also work at Maundy relief and there is always lots of help needed there. On Cannon St, there is the Council for Voluntary Services and they will be able to put you in touch with all sorts of organisations who are looking for volunteers if you have a particular interest that you would like to get involved with.
sfb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote