Thread: yellow pages?
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2008, 12:09   #26
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: yellow pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Yep got ours the other day and it is now in the white sack waiting to be recycled...............Yell.com will do for me and anyway the little `uns just rip it up......lol
Just one tiny point. They don’t want Yellow Pages for recycling. My white sack states NO YELLOW PAGES!

I believe that it is something to do with the dye used to make the pages yellow.

Mine gets pushed through my letterbox once a year as does the regular phone book and Thompson.

But think on this. We BT customers pay for them (except Thompson) in our line rental fee and we get new copies each year whether we want them or not. I accept that businesses need to keep up to date with changes, but how many domestic users need a new phone book every year? We are paying for something that we don’t really need and I for one could do without Yellow Pages or the regular phone book at all.

We domestic customers should have the option of buying a copy of either when we want one and have a suitable reduction in the rental fee.