View Single Post
Old 30-05-2008, 10:03   #13
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool European COC(s) 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Reece and i decided the other day that we where going to go to Liverpool today...and would take two of my nieces with us, i got the price for the train up on the internet yesterday £11.05 return for Reece and me with a family railcard, i thought this was a reasonable price for the train so didnt mind paying it, we got off the train at Liverpool Lime Street and got the tube to James Street Station, all was well and good, we walked the few hundred yards to the docks planning on getting the ferry over to Birkenhead, now last night i'd priced the ferry up and it was only going to cost me £4 return for me and reece(£2.30 for me and £1.70 for Reece)
we go to get our tickets to get across on the ferry and lo and behold its going to cost me £8.25 return because they only do River explorer tickets during the school holidays, marvelous, so i bought the tickets, got on the ferry with Reece and the girls, we eventually got off at Woodside to get the bus into Birkenhead and the price of the bus fare to Birkenhead was...... £1.70 for me and 85p for Reece ONE WAY, they dont do returns so that was £2.55 each way, so another £5.10 to add to the cost of getting to Birkenbloodyhead....in all it cost me more to get across the naffing water than it did to get to Liverpool in the first place £13.35 just to cross a bit of a pond, European Capital Of Culture my arse i think i got the title of this thread correct dont you?

and to top it all off my niece left a bag on the bus, so thats something else to moan about

ok rant over

http://www.merseyferries.co.uk/ticket-prices/index.aspx
Hell flashy its not like you to have a rant