View Single Post
Old 31-05-2008, 09:50   #94
Mr Aleks

Re: Asda Doing Their Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Armed with 4 free carrier bags gained last week dispersed about my body I set out on my weekly foray to Asda, Grimshaw Park, Blackburn ready to make my point about the carrier bag policy change.

The first thing that I noticed was that there was no ‘Greeter’ around so that sort of spiked my guns a bit. There is no point in whinging at the checkout people. Although they could report back to their supervisor I suppose but it wasn’t really their doing.

Amongst the display of sweets etc adjacent to each checkout I spotted Hessian shopping bags for £1 suitably daubed with the Asda name. Remaining icily calm and collected I asked the checkout girl what the deal was with carrier bags.

Pointing to the dispenser that used to hold the free carrier bags she declared, “These are now 5p each. But they are re-usable.” However the cost of these bags was not posted on the dispenser. In fact there was nothing to indicate that these new carrier bags were for sale and not free. The customer finds out when he asks for one.

The bags that she was referring to were being promoted as being made from re-cycled plastic. I wonder how many people mis-read that and assumed that the bags themselves were re-cyclable? The bags, coloured green, had the Asda name prominently in the centre.

Anyone like to guess which colour is normally associated with Asda and has been long before the green issue became an issue? Correct – Asda livery is green.

So even if these 5p bags did not sport the Asda name it would still be obvious which supermarket they came from.

I declined the offer of the new carrier bags loudly enough for nearby shoppers to hear me, with a comment about not paying Asda money so that I could advertise their store, which prompted the checkout girl to produce a few of the old free ones.
You dont half talk rubbish. There is something called customer services, you should try them they seem to a better job than a greeter. A greeter greets you so thats why they are called a greeter. They are not called target for grumpy boring old men to moan at.

Last edited by Mick; 31-05-2008 at 12:16.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote